Friday, July 5, 2013

Author Leti Del Mar & Land of the Unaltered

Hi all!

Please help me welcome Author Leti Del Mar to my blog today!


About the Author:

Leti Del Mar lives in sunny Southern California with her husband, daughter and abnormally large cat. When she isn't writing, reading or blogging, she is teaching Biology and Algebra to teenagers. Leti is also a classic film buff, passionate about Art History and loves to travel.


Her new book: Land of the Unaltered-Confederation Chronicles (Vol I) was released on June 18th, 2013.




Here’s the blurb:

Land of the Unaltered- A Dystopian Romance (Book One of The Confederation Chronicles) Rose comes from the capital of the Confederation of Cities where its citizens live in luxury and the greatest fashion statement of all is being Altered. People change everything about the way they look as often as they do their hairstyle but Rose is different. Her position of privilege has made her an outcast and led her to suspect that something sinister is happening to the citizens and flees the capital along with a past that imprisons her in search of a fresh start in the Land of the Unaltered. Flynn lives in the Land of the Unaltered and hates the capitol and everything it stands for. So when a spoiled capital girl is assigned to work with him, he wants nothing to do with her and is prepared to make her life miserable. But Flynn was not prepared for someone like Rose. She doesn't fit the mold he expected and finds himself strongly attracted to her. As she continues to surprise and outwit him, they begin to forge a bond that is tested when they discover a secret that could change everything they know about Land of the Unaltered.


Excerpt:
Land of the Unaltered
Chapter 1
Rose
I woke up confused, disoriented and under attack.
I could hear the sounds of bullets in the distance getting closer with every passing second. In the confusion following my abrupt awakening, it took me a few precious seconds to realize this wasn’t my room and that I was in a foreign bed. Then I remembered I was onboard a convoy, taking me far away from home.
I gazed out of the tiny window next to my borrowed bed to see the attackers; about two dozen people on horseback, ridding parallel to the moving convoy. A few held lit torches that blazed against night sky. The rest carried guns, all aimed at me. My heart reached a frantic pace when I saw their bodies move closer to my window. I had lived my whole life in fear of an assassination and now that the threat was real and present, time stood still as I observed the faces of my would-be killers.
Their faces shone with excitement and energy. Never in my entire life had I felt as alive as these people appeared to be, riding towards me with their guns blazing. The full moon illuminated them and the green valley they galloped across. Weaving in and out of the sparse trees, their horses flew across the grassy terrain and maintained pace with the convoy. With my breath frozen in my throat, I found myself confused with my discovery. These assailants seemed happy and not at all what I imagined assassins to be.
Their clothes were mismatched but not ragged. They had clean, Unaltered faces and their hair was neatly arranged. I saw a young girl with two long braids streaming down her back. For some reason, those twin golden braids held me transfixed as she rode even closer.



Her first book, The Inadvertent Thief was published on January 17, 2013.




Here’s the blurb:
As a security specialist, Vivien Flowers is a perfectionist. So when two very important paintings she had been hired to protect are stolen, her highly structured world is turned upside down and she must get them back. It's too bad art theft is not very high on the Los Angeles Police Department's list of priorities. So when Vivien is joined by a handsome insurance agent eager to prevent the multi-million dollar claim from being paid, they use any means necessary to track down the location of the stolen paintings. But is Vivien willing to become a thief herself to get the paintings back? The answer leads her on a journey of intrigue, deceit, crime and even love as she travels from Los Angeles to Paris and discovers the true brilliance she is capable of.

This Romantic Suspense if the first installment of The Thief Series.


Amazon review:

5.0 out of 5 stars Thriller February 11, 2013
Format:Kindle Edition
I heard about this book on Facebook where the author had uploaded a preview to read. I was quickly absorbed in the story from the beginning and I decided to read the book during my holiday last month. If you're married, this is one of those books that will keep your husband up all night because you can't put the book down! It's definitely a thriller and as the story unravelled I just wanted to read faster to find out what happens. The ending doesn't disappoint either. I wouldn't be surprised if this book is made into a movie one day!



Contact Links:
My Mailing List: http://eepurl.com/AqHVX


Book Links:
Barnes & Noble (coming soon I hope)


Blog tour tab on my website (contains tour schedule):

Blog tour banner code




Rafflecopter code


<a id="rc-48a01b2" class="rafl" href="http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/48a01b2/" rel="nofollow">a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>


Please thank Leti for joining us today! Check out her links and buy her 2 books!

Keep Writing!

Jodie Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment