Friday, July 19, 2013

Trust by L. Chapman

Hi all!

Please help me welcome Author L. Chapman to my blog today!



Trust (Believe Series)
Book Blurb:
Lovely Megan Madden has lost her faith in men. But this has not kept her from the joy of her best friend's upcoming wedding. While in London shopping for the big event, Megan's life takes a surprising turn when a quick drink brings changes to her life she never saw coming. Join in the roller coaster of emotions Megan must endure as she attempts to regain her TRUST.

Who knew a quiet drink could change your life?



Here is my interview with the author:

What is your name? Do you use a pen name (if so, why?)? L Chapman.

Tell me a bit about yourself: I am a young girl with a passion for writing. I work full time, write when I get chance. I beta read for close friends.

What type of genre do you write? Romance, Contempary, Young Adult.

What genre to you personally read? I read everything.

Tell me about your latest? Trust is the first book in the Believe series, it is about a lady called Megan who has had her heart broken and she has to learn to Trust again. While away with her friend wedding shopping, things change.

What sparked your passion for books and the art of a good story? I bet you can guess… Fifty shades. I read them, then started reading everything I could. Started blogging 2 months later and now I am an author.

Is there a particular book that changed or affected your life in a big way? I don’t think so, there has been a book where I have sat and gone, that is me.

Is there a message in your book that you want readers to grasp? Yes…. BELIEVE… If you believe anything can happen, you can become who you want to be. Become happy.

What challenges have you faced in your writing career?  Believing in myself that I can actually do it.

What has been your best moment as a writer? My first review. It was such an amazing feeling.

Who is your author idol? I don’t really have one, so many authors have influenced me.

Do you see yourself in any of your characters? I see bits off me, Megan’s love for sparkle, hates her legs… That is me. Other than that nothing really.

Do you feel like your dream has come true or is there much more to do? I never dreamed of becoming an author, I am still in shock at the moment. I can call myself an Author. I love writing and just hope people enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

What does your workspace look like? I don’t have a workspace, I write everywhere.

Have you ever had a day when you just wanted to quit? Yes, loads. When I just didn’t believe I could do it.

What do you do when you’re not writing? Work, read, listen to music, watch a film, and go for a walk.

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?  Laugh, I learnt just to laugh, having a bad day, not getting anywhere laugh, go for a walk. Everything sorts its self out.

Did you have a moment when you realized you were meant to be a writer? The moment I sat down and just wrote what was in my head and enjoyed it.

What advice would you give to aspiring authors? Relax, have fun, write for yourself not others. You will get there. I did.

After this book, what is next? I have a lot of books planned to come out. We have book 2 in the believe series and another UN named book that should be out before 2013 is over.

Your website? authorlchapman.blogstop.com


Where can your book be found? Amazon and Smashwords













Amazon Review:
5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED this book!!! July 11, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase
I have been NOT so patiently waiting for this book for a while and I am more than happy to say that I loved it. The story was beautifully written and for me was a stress free read that I finished in one sitting.

Here's the thing...... I love the bad boys, I really do..... BUT there is something about a GOOD guy that really strikes a cord with me. I guess it's the fact that I myself have a good guy and I can totally relate to the whole love at first sight theme of this story because that was exactly how it happened in real life for me.

Any way, Mark Reed is exactly that... A Good Guy. He is sweet, patient, considerate, giving, understanding and let's not forget sexy in an understated way. As an extremely successful businessman Mark knows what he wants and what he wants is the shy, nervous, and self doubting Megan Madden.

Ok, so I started chapter one and was quite surprised by Megan's situation..... I so wasn't expecting that. When I saw the beautiful book trailer and saw the name Lucy, I immediately thought 'other woman', it was not what expected at all.

Megan has been hurt pretty badly in her recent past and has managed to deal with everything and move forward with the help of her best friend Jenny. Their trip to London to finalize Jenny's wedding things throws Megan and Mark together and while Megan is very cautious they began a relationship that hovers between friends and a couple. The way Mark treats Megan is really sweet and lovely, he completely accepts her situation and embraces it, not a lot of men would do that, but he sees something special in Megan and does what he needs to do.

There is no groping, steamy sex scenes or really heavy drama in this book, which may disappoint some but honestly I found this story a breath of fresh air. It is a pure and beautiful story of love and romance.

I loved the fact that while based in London it is written as an English person would speak, meaning proper and without slang, (my in-laws are English so I get this).

I thought Annabelle was a great character and wished we saw more of her, she had a deep love for Mark having raised him since he was a baby and she seemed to be a very wise woman. My favorite line from her was....
"everything happens for a reason. You must believe in it and trust that it will work out."
I really hope we see more of Annabelle as the series continues.

I really would have liked to have had the whole situation with Rich and the kiss explained, why exactly did he do it???

And as for Karen.... Well any sane women would have reacted the same way as Megan did but I'm glad that Mark explained things and it showed growth on Megan's part when she listened and they worked things out, obviously her trust in him has grown. Although I'm wondering if this will be the last we hear from Karen.

When we get to the end of the book Mark and Megan confess their love for each other and then little Lucy arrives. It was the sweetest moment for Megan that any mother can relate to....
"I hold her against my breast as she begins to cry and it is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. She is here, no longer a 'Bump' but a baby. She is real, she is mine and floods of tears steam done my face".
Absolutely beautiful!!!

The final chapter is from Mark's POV and he comes to a life changing realization, and while there is no cliffhanger, I can't wait for the next book to see where there live's are about to go.

With believable and lovable characters and a beautiful story, I congratulate L.Chapman for a great debut novel.


The Author can be found at:
follow L Chapman 

Twitter -@L_Chapman23

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/L-Chapman/205927772882027

Goodreads 
Cover designed by Indie Pixel Studios - https://www.facebook.com/IndiePixelStudio?fref=ts
Blog tour graphics done by - https://www.facebook.com/MGbookcovers?fref=ts
Snippet graphics done by
https://www.facebook.com/ShhhMommysInTheBathroomReading?fref=ts

Please thank L. Chapman for joining us today! Please check out all the links and buy a book!
Keep Writing!
Jodie Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment